Proper home remedy for mouth ulcers is one of the concerned issues by many people. Mouth ulcers are one of the common occurrences in both adults and children. These inflamed lesions are not too serious but can be a source of great discomfort for the patient.
So, how can we completely get rid of this disease ? Let’s find out the causes, symptoms and how to treat mouth ulcers at home through the article below.
Signs and symptoms of mouth ulcers
Mouth ulcers are also known as canker sores. This is where the mouth develops a small sore or blister. These are usually white, yellow or red around the sores. Sores will appear on soft tissues, or mucous membranes in the mouth, or right above the gums. Mouth ulcers usually do not occur on the lips’ surface and are not contagious.
Symptoms of mouth ulcers, include:
- Small, oval, white or yellow sores or a painful red area appear in the mouth.
- A tingling sensation in the mouth.
- You will feel pained and uncomfortable while eating food (especially salty food).
- In some cases, there can be large sores, growing in the mouth.
- Some severe cases, the patient can get pain and high fever, even diarrhea, rash, and headaches.
Causes of mouth ulcers
If mouth ulcers appear for a long time, it will affect your mood and emotions. So, what is the cause of this situation? Understanding the cause, we will find out the most effective mouth ulcer remedy.
Until now, scientists say, we have not found out the specific causes of mouth ulcers yet. However, it is suggested that: this is one of the diseases related to the environment, diet, infectious bacteria, toxins present in food. Or it can also be caused by a parasite type, the nutrient shortage, such as folic acid in the body.
In addition, injuring inside the mouth can also lead to mouth ulcers. The damage is caused in the oral cavity such as: brushing too hard, biting the inner lining of your cheeks, eating sensitive foods, lack of vitamins B12, zinc or iron.
Our body has some allergic reactions to certain bacteria in the mouth; You can get mouth ulcers because of stress and anxiety or hormone changes during menstruation as well. Even eating too much hot food can lead to these sores.
The UK Department of Health has reviewed the causes of mouth ulcer development, including:
- The human body’s immune system is weakened.
- The body is allergic to foods such as coffee, chocolate, cheese, nuts and citrus fruits.
- Stress, pressure, anxiety.
- Viruses and parasitic bacteria.
- Hormonal changes (menstruation, puberty, pregnancy…).
- Injury in the mouth.
- Poor nutrition.
How to treat mouth ulcers at home
When the condition is not so serious, we can try these simple mouth ulcer remedies at home. Here are some suggestions from RON INTERNATIPONAL for a simple home remedy for mouth ulcers that everyone can try.
Tip 1. Use honey
Honey is one of the substances with very good antibacterial and bactericidal properties. At the same time, honey contains a lot of substances and water to help heal the wound faster.
Usage is extremely simple:
- Apply raw honey to the ulcers.
- Keep it in your mouth for a few hours.
- Rinse mouth with clean water.
Tip 2. Treat mouth ulcers with star fruit juice
Among the fruits, star fruit contains many antiseptics. This fruit is also used to create extremely effective remedies for ulcers, sore throats, and mouth ulcers.
How to cure mouth ulcers with star fruits:
- Wash 2-3 star fruits, then crush.
- Boil star fruit with 100ml of water, let cool.
- Swish the star fruit juice solution in your mouth. Perform the keeping and gradually swallowing process several times a day.
Tip 3. Use apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains a lot of acetic acid, which is able to kill ulcer-causing bacteria and grow good bacteria. Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural antibiotic for mouth ulcers.
How to get rid of mouth ulcers with apple cider vinegar:
- Mix apple cider vinegar with warm water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Swish the apple cider vinegar solution in your mouth then rinse your mouth with regular water daily.
Tip 4. Use Baking soda
Baking soda is one of those substances with extremely effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Using baking soda helps to reduce inflammation quickly.
How to cure a mouth ulcers with baking soda:
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon (about 5 grams) of baking soda in a 200 ml glass of warm water.
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth after eating every day.
Tip 5. Use hydrogen peroxide
We usually use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the open spots. However, hydrogen peroxide is also used to treat mouth ulcers very effectively.
Steps to use:
- Dilute hydrogen peroxide solution with water in the ratio 1:1.
- Dip the cotton into the solution then apply the mixture directly to your mouth ulcers.
- Hold tight, avoid eating or drinking after 1 hour of treatment.
- Do it twice a day to get the best results.
Tip 6. Use salt water
Salt is famous for its anti-inflammatory and swollen gum reduction ability. The diluted salt with warm water or physiological saline is one of the fastest home remedies for mouth ulcers.
Just dissolve a teaspoon of salt with warm water. Rinse your mouth regularly every day.
Tip 7. Use SEE Premium Mouthwash
To support customers in the treatment of mouth sores, RON INTERNATIPONAL has studied and launched the SEE Premium Mouthwash product. This is one of the best oral health care products from the RON INTERNATIPONAL brand.
See Premium Mouthwash is created by a combination between silver Nano crystal and natural menthol. The product does not contain alcohol so it can be used for all people. Just use the mouthwash regularly 2 times/day, we will see the effect after only 1 week of use.
Not only the mouth sore treatment ability, but also See Premium mouthwash prevent and treat bad breath effectively.
Hopefully, the sharing about RON‘s mouth ulcer treatment will be useful for your health care.